EAM 9.2: 'COPY CHANGES TO OTHER BOOKS' IS UNCHECKED/GRAYED OUT WHEN REINSTATE
(Doc ID 2460324.1)
Last updated on JUNE 17, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When reinstating an asset that has been retired with 'Copy Changes to Other Books' unchecked, the system errors with "This transaction cannot be performed. (8010,531)"
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Uncheck the 'Keep all books in synch' at the Asset Management Definition page, for the business unit. Save the changes.
2. Search for an 'In Service' asset (with more than one book) on the Retire/Reinstate Asset page. The 'Copy to all Books' is not checked.
3. Check the 'Copy Changes to Other Books' checkbox then click the 'Go' button to retire the asset. Save the changes.
4. Confirm on the Cost History page that both books has been retired.
5. Run Depreciation Calculation.
6. Navigate back to the Retire/Reinstate Asset page to search for the retired asset. The 'Copy Changes to Other Books' checked is grayed out and is unchecked.
7. Click the Reinstate button then save the changes.
8. Receive pop-up error message: This transaction cannot be performed. (8010,531)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document