EAM: CHARTFIELD CHANGES NOT PROPAGATING WHEN COPY CHANGES TO OTHER BOOKS IS 'N'
(Doc ID 2462363.1)
Last updated on JULY 22, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the InterUnit Transfer is performed book by book rather than using the "Copy Changes to Other Books" functionality, and chartfields are changed during the IUT, the new chartfields are not propagated to the secondary/translate book. Consequently, the chartfield change is not reflected on the ps_dist_ln table when generating accounting entries causing combo editing mismatches in GL.
It is expected that the change of chartfields during the IUT would be reflected in the secondary/translate book when unchecking copy changes to other books and scrolling through the books to make the changes to each one.
This issue can be replicated via the following steps:
1) Create a Ledger Group with primary and secondary/translate ledgers.
2) Create an AM Business Unit that utilizes the Ledger Group for 2 of its books.
3) Create an AM Profile for the BU.
4) Create an Asset in AM for the BU and Profile.
5) ADD, ADJ, or TRF cost for some books in the asset but not others such that the asset books are no longer in sync.
6) Perform an IUT for all books in the asset book by book entering new chartfields as part of the IUT.
7) Create Accounting Entries for the Asset.
Combo Editing errors are generated in GL causing Journals not to be created.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document