Calculate Par Average Usage Process Abend at Step IN_PAR_USAGE.Process.UBackOrd
(Doc ID 2464259.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 28, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Inventory - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Calculate Par Average Usage (IN_PAR_USAGE) process is failing when multiple backorders are created for same MSR line at Step IN_PAR_USAGE.Process.UBackOrd.
Steps to Reproduce the Issue:
- Pick a stock item having Inv Bal of Qty 3
- Create a MSR (stock request) with quantity more than the quantity on hand (Qty 9).
- Since Qty requested on MSR is more than available Qty in the Inv, so reservation process will create one MSR line for Qty 3 and create another back order line for remaining Qty 6.
- Processs the MSR MSR line for Qty 3 through Release, picking feedback and shipping process.
- Perfrom an adjustment to increase the Inv Qty to 4. Note: The backorder line was for Qty 6 but available Qty in the Inv is now 4.
- Run the Inv Reservation procss to process the back order line with Qty 6.
Note: Since there are 4 quantities available and we requested 6 it will create another backorder of quantity 2.
- Run the Order release process for the Order Line with Qty 4. Perform the picking feedback process.
- Now, perform another adjustment to increase the Inv Qty to 5. Note: The second backorder line was for Qty 2 so system will be able to fulfill it completely and no new backorder line will be created.
- Run the reserve, release, confirmed, shipped and depleted process for the 2nd backorder line.
- Run the Calculate Average Usage process for the PAR Location (navigation Inventory, Replenish Par Locations).
Result: Calculate Par Average Usage process failed with error message
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document