PC_FND_DIST - Incorrect Target Fund Rows Are Being Created That Does Not Balance Based On Chartfield String And Also Unnecessary Target Rows With Resource Amount of 0 are being Created.
(Doc ID 2465000.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 07, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Other
Incorrect Target Fund rows are being created that does not balance based on chartfield string.
The bug fix for Bug 28303846 is applied to the env.
The target rows generated should balance based on chartfield.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Add new project/3 Activities. Project VJFND/Activities VJFND, FEDERAL, STATE
2. Add Funds Distribution Rule such that for a GLE is the source. Target has 2 Sequences. Each one is having distributions made to FEDERAL and STATE Activities with 80/20 split. Each Sequence uses different chartfields for the distributions lines (Account/Dept/Classfld).
3. The target threshold for first sequence has a $5000 threshold and the target threshold for 2nd sequence has a very huge threshold.
4. Add 1 transactions for $5000 and process.
5. Run PC_FND_DIST. This will create the target FDR and the FND with 80/20 split with correct chartfields associated with them
6. At this point the amount associated with the first target threshold is utlitized and complted
7. Now using Add transaction page, process 5-6 lines with both positive and negative values (together total >0)
8. Run PC_FND_DIST. This will create the additional target FDR and the FND with 80/20 split. When observed for SUM of amounts by RESOURCE_ID_FROM, the rows seem to have proper FND/FDR totals with respect to GLE. This seems to have been addressed by the bug 28303846.
9. Following are the issues
Issue 1: The expectation is first target threshold is completed and target rows should not be created with this distribution. But they are getting generated which is incorrect.
Issue 2: When the Sum of RESOURCE_AMOUNT based on chartfields Account/Dept/Classfld is not giving proper values. They FDR and FND do not net to 0
Issue 3: Additional Rows are getting generated with RESOURCE_AMOUNT of 0. This will grow PROJ_RESOURCE unnecessarily
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document