PC_VAR_PRICE Is Incorrectly Setting the FA_STATUS flag To 'D' For Fringe Rows
(Doc ID 2466840.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 07, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : Project Costing 9.2
Our pricing is set up to generate 'FRN' fringe rows from incoming costs. We subsequently generate F&A rows from those 'FRN' rows. If we run Variance Pricing to accounting for pricing changes, the new 'FRN' rows that are created have the FA_STATUS as ‘D’. As a result, when we run the F&A process, those new FRN rows will not be picked up.
The FRN fringe rows created when we run Variance Pricing must be eligible to be processed by the F&A process.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a Proposal, Submit and Generate an award.
2. For the associated contract, make sure a rate based contract line is attached.
3. Add one rate plan to the contract line with a back-dated effective date. The rate plan has 2 rate sets. 1 Rate set creates the target Burden (cost) rows and the other rate set creates the BIL rows for original and target fringe rows. The variance pricing is enabled for the rate sets.
4. Finalize the project budget
5. Add ACT cost transactions to the project/activity such that the chart field string will create SFA rows when GM_GMFACS is run
6. The cost transactions will create the BUR row along with BIL rows for ACT and BUR
7. Run GM_GMFACS. SFA rows and additional BIL rows gets generated
8. Run revenue recognition. PSA_ACCTGGL
9. Add a row in the history section of the cost rate set that creates the BUR row. This changes the rate say from 1.00 to 0.8
10. Run Variance Pricing PC_VAR_PRICE
11. This will create a target BUR row with amount = - 0.2 * Source amount of ACT
12. The problem is that the BUR that got created in step 11 will have a FA_STATUS of 'D'
When the GM_GMFACS process is run, no new SFA rows are getting generated for the BUR row created in step 11. The expectation is that the FA_STATUS for the 'BUR' row in step 11 should have a status of 'N' so that the target SFA rows can be generated.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document