'Image Creation Failed' Error on Academic Progress Pie Chart
(Doc ID 2469310.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Academic Advisement - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Academic Advisement Fluid Self Service
Academic Progress Summary Tile Error
The message, "Image Creation Failed" displays on the Academic Progress Summary.
In addition, a test of PS Ping Chart using the following steps creates the same error.
Image creation failed and
java.lang.Exception: ImageWriter not done or timed out
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log in as a student and navigate to the Fluid Student Homepage.
2. Academic Progress tile displays the error on the Student Homepage and clicking on the tile also displays the error.
1. Navigate to PeopleTools>Utilities>PeopleSoft Ping>PeopleSoft Ping
2. Put a name in the box for Test Case Identifier: Like just: test
3. For Repeat Time Interval (Seconds) put in 5
4. Click Run and let it run for about 30 seconds then click on Stop
5. Then go back to the PeopleSoft Ping=>PeopleSoft Ping Chart
6. Search and bring up the chart, in the case "test".
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document