Class Topic is Not Appearing in Fluid Class Search Result for Future Effective Dated Courses
(Doc ID 2469732.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 06, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Curriculum Management
When using fluid class search for Spring 2019 ENGL 368C, the class topic is not appearing in the search results. Class topic is appearing when searching for ENGL 368. This appears to be an issue with effective dating.
The effective date on the course catalog where the topic is stored is correctly set to 1/1/19 in the course catalog, When I changed the date on the course catalog to 10/1/18, the topic appeared.
We use particular dates to indicate a class starts in a particular term, and even if we have, say, a new class starting in Spring 2019 and date it 1/1/19, it would still appear now. It looks like maybe the field that's retrieving the topic title isn't doing that correctly.
Expect Topic to appear
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Curriculum Management - Course Catalog - Course Catalog
2. Search for a Course (say ENGLCOMP 10). Ensure that the effective dated row is of future date (say 01/01/2019)
3. Add a Course Topic
4. Go to Curriculum Management - Schedule of Classes - Maintain Schedule of Classes
5. Search for the Class scheduled for same course in future Term (say Spring 2019)
6. Add the Class Topic ID from the look up
7. Log in as a student and go to fluid Manage Classes - Class Search and Enroll
8. Select Term - Spring 2019
9. Search or the Classes. Enter Keyword to search for the Class for subject ENGLCOMP 10
10. Open ENGLCOMP 10
11. Notice the Topic is not appearing in the Course Information - Class Selection grid
12. Click on Class link. Topic description appears here
The issue has the following business impact:
Confusion in users due to inconsistency
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document