Unable to Enter New Absence for the Same Day that was Previously Cancelled
(Doc ID 2473797.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 26, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Absence Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an Employee enters an absence, then cancels it (either before or after approval), they receive the below error if they attempt to enter an absence request for the same day:
An Absence already exists with the same Start and/or End dates. Please modify your Start and/or End dates.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigation: Employee Self Service homepage > Time tile > Request Absence
2. Submit Absence Request
3. Navigation: Employee Self Service homepage > Time tile > Cancel Absence Request
4. Cancel Absence Request
5. Navigation: Employee Self Service homepage > Time tile > Request Absence
6. Submit new Absence Request for the absence type and date
7. Note above error is returned
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document