E-BIP/XMLP: BI Publisher Report Using Bursting Run Through Query Report Scheduler Goes To "No Success" When Generating Empty Data
(Doc ID 2474380.1)
Last updated on JULY 27, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.56 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While running a BI Publisher process that uses bursting to output type of "Email" with no output created, the process goes to "No Success".
The following error message is received when reproducing the issue:
In order to replicate the issue, follow the below steps:
1. Login into PIA.
2. Navigate to Reporting Tools > BI Publisher > Report Definition.
3. Search for a BI Publisher report based on a query data source with bursting.
4. Edit the BI Publisher report.
This issue only occurs when in the report definition "Bursting" is used.
5. Go to Bursting tab.
6. Make sure bursting details are filled in.
5. Schedule a BI publisher report with destination "E-mail" for this report (make sure the query does not produce any output).
i. Navigate to Reporting tools > BI Publisher > Query Report Scheduler.
ii. Search for a BI Publisher report based on a query data source with bursting.
iii. Create a new run control ID.
iv. Schedule the BI Publisher report with destination "E-mail"/"PDF".
6. Navigate to PeopleTools > Process Scheduler > Process Monitor.
7. Check the output for the process instance.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document