E-PIA: Performance like and processing wheel spinning intermittently under autocomplete / typeahead use cases
(Doc ID 2481102.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 01, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.50 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On FSCM 9.2 PT 8.56 version
After the upgrade to PT 8.56.08, few of the Accounts Receivable users are experiencing problems when going on three specific Accounts Receivable pages.
The common seen behavior is that the system hangs intermittently with the processing wheel that just keeps spinning..
These pages are all located beneath the FSCM Account Receivable folders as follows:
Account Receivable > Customer Accounts > Customer Information > Customer Activity
Account Receivable > Customer Accounts > Customer Information > Account Overview
Account Receivable > Customer Accounts > Item Information > Item List
And all of these application (search) pages have in common a Customer code field using this codding format i.e. 10000001005 where the first 7 digits are "common" across all Customers registered on this particular FSCM production database.
Observe as well that:
- The "Customer" search field is autocomplete / typeahead "enabled" in all these 3 FSCM search pages
- Typeahead / Autocomplete is enabled as default for all users across the application and cannot be modified at user level
The end-users don't have access to My Preferences nor to the Page personalization in order to disable the autocomplete on Customer field, due to the fact that during this upgrade some custom permission list were preserved, instead of using the new PTPTxxxx delivered PL's that gratns user to modify/personalize independently the autocomplete preferences across application pages
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log into the PeopleSoft application
2. Navigate to any of the 3 above mentioned navigation
3. Experience intermittent slowness/hanging when entering the Customer's identifier in the Customer field using the keyboard in the mentioned (sample) sequence 1>0>0>0>0>0>1>0>0>5 and trying "Search"button after
No such hanging issue when the full Customer's code, used to reproduce the hanging "1000001005" is copy/pasted in full in the Customer field.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document