ETL92: Timesheet Summary Page Missing Second Last Name.
(Doc ID 2481609.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 06, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Time and Labor - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
User states there are several employees with the same first and last names in their environment. Job Data allows them to set employee name as NAME: Name, first surname, second surname (link) where:
FIRST_NAME: Name (link)
LAST_NAME: First surname (link)
SECOND_LAST_NAME: Second surname (link)
However when the user goes to Timesheet Summary Page in 9.1 there was one single name field that contained first name, last name and second last name. Including second last name allowed Managers to be able to select the correct name from the list since there are many employees that share the same first and last names.
Now in 9.2 second last name is omitted and only the first and last names show on the timesheet summary page which causes confusion for users because they are not sure which name to select which leads to wrong person being selected. This becomes a huge issue in organizations where it is common to see the same first and last names.
Steps to Recreate:
1. Select an Employee with the First name, last name and second last name specified on Job record.
2. Make sure the employee is enrolled in Time and Labor.
3. Navigate to Timesheet Summary page in 9.1 to show first name, last name and second last name are shown in the name field.
4. Complete first 2 steps above in 9.2 environment.
5. Navigate to Timesheet Summary page in 9.2. Notice it now only shows first name, last name. Second last name has been omitted which causes issues for users now since previous functionality that existed is no longer provided.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document