PC_FND_DIST_SUB Applies Security Incorrectly On Project Lookups
(Doc ID 2483073.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When adding new Funds Distribution Rules by using the Copy From button on the Funds Distribution Source page, the PC_FND_DIST_SUB page opens to allow the user to specify the source Project / Activity. However, PeopleCode on that PC_FND_DIST_SUB page applies security incorrectly. The page checks if security is enabled for ANY field, and if so it applies security to projects even if Project is not a secured field. This results in the wrong view being used to validate the source Project and so no source projects are returned by the prompt.
The security PeopleCode on the PC_FND_DIST_SUB should evaluate whether or not Project security is enabled so that the prompt returns the appropriate list of projects when Project is not a secured field.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Navigate to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Security > Security Options and select Permission List Level security.
- Select only Business Unit as the secured field.
- Navigate to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Security > Unit by Permission List and assign a single business unit to a specific permission list.
- Assign the permission list as primary to a user via PeopleTools > Security > User Profiles.
- Run SEC_VIEWS app engine.
- Log in as that user ID and navigate to Project Costing > Funds Distribution > Funds Distribution. Confirm only the one BU is returned by the prompt.
- Add a new value funds distribution rule for a project.
- Click on the Copy From button. While the BU lookup returns the expected BU, the project lookup then returns no rows instead of the projects under the BU.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document