Generate Award Page Incorrectly Allows Generating Several Awards For A Proposal With Multiple Versions
(Doc ID 2483512.1)
Last updated on JULY 22, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Grants - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If a proposal has multiple versions and an award has already been generated, a user can still select the proposal and try to generate an award. This leads to an error, Award ID already exists (9395,69). This can even lead to creation of an orphaned project with no award.
The search page is still returning the proposal as eligible for award generation when it should not.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create and submit a proposal
- Using the Copy Proposal page, create V102 of the above proposal and submit.
- Generate an award using version V102 of the proposal.
- Click Return to Search on the Generate Award page.
- Choose version V101 of the proposal and click the Generate button without changing the To Award value.
Error - Award ID already exists (9395,69)
- Change the To Award ID and Generate again.
Error - Project ID already exists. (9395,70)
- Change the target Project ID to a new value and click Generate again.
Error - A SQL error has occurred. Please consult your system log for details.
Querying the PS_GM_AWARD and PS_PROJECT tables show no award was created but the new project ID was created.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document