EAP: GST on Advances hyperlink issue when deleting Reverse Chage Item on Prepaid Voucher
(Doc ID 2483518.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 31, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
“GST On Advances” hyperlink remains on Prepaid Voucher even when the Reverse Charge Applicable Item is removed from the Voucher. As a result, the Sales Tax Recovery Amount from the Item is being added to the Voucher Total when the Voucher is saved. If the Voucher is re-displayed, the “GST On Advances” hyperlink is no longer visible. So, to the user, the Voucher appears out of balance since the Voucher Total does not equal the Invoice Line Amount, and there is not GST on the Voucher.
1. Navigate to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > India GST > Item Tax Applicability
2. Item is setup as GST Applicable and Reverse Charge Applicable
3. Create a Prepaid Voucher for 100.00
4. If no Item is specified at the Invoice Line level, only see the India Taxes label
5. On Invoice Line 1, specify the Item from Step 2
6. The India Taxes label changes to an active GST On Advances hyperlink
7. Click the GST On Advances hyperlink
8. GST is calculated and the Total Recovery Amt = 18.00
9. On Invoice Line 1, delete the Item
10. Click Refresh
11. GST On Advances hyperlink is still active
12. Click the GST On Advances hyperlink
13. Total Recovery Amt field is still populated with 18.00
14. Save the Prepaid Voucher
15. Following Message will appear -- Line amounts exceed header amounts by 18.00. Would you like to apply the difference to Gross Amount? (7460,15)
16. Click OK
17. Amount is added to the Total and the Voucher is saved
18. Re-display the Voucher
19. Total = 118.00, Invoice Line Amount = 100.00 and the GST On Advances hyperlink changes back to the India Taxes label
20. To a user, it appears that the Vouched is out of balance since the Voucher Total = 118.00, the Invoice Line Amount = 100.00 and don't realize that the difference of 18.00 is for the GST Recovery Amt
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document