ELA: Amendment With No Remeasurement Creates Incorrect Results By Spreading Over
(Doc ID 2485698.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 13, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Lease Administration - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, 2.4 Lease Maintenance
Lease Admin - Amendment/No Remeasurement - Create New Asset Does not distribute properly
If you create an amendment to add a new asset where 100% is distributed to the new asset, all screens/tables show that the new asset is distributed to the correct amount but when processes run, it spreads to both assets and now the GL is incorrect.
Need to have correct entries with Remeasurement No.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a NEW Lease with the below details and Activate the Lease
2. Set up Property
3. Create Base Rent with escalation every month
4. Financial Terms page and make sure it’s 9/30/2018
5. On General Information tab under Asset List, click on Cost Distribution and add a department. Then activate lease after updated other needed info
6. Generate Schedule
7. Run Depreciation Calculation
8. Run Create Accounting Entries
9. Run Close Depreciation and make sure period is 9
10. Run Generate Journals
11. Create an Amendment with Non Remeasurement
12. Select No for Remeasurement and click Continue
13. Create a new Base Rent for 10/1/18-7/31/2020
14. Change Accounting and Transaction date to 9/1/18
15. Create a new asset. Notice you can’t do anything to the old one.
16. Distribute 100% to the new asset.
( You can’t distribute anything to the old asset because you clicked Non Remeasurement)
17. Save and activate amendment.
18. Generate Schedule Straightline again
19. Run Depreciation Calculation for both assets
20. Run Create Accounting Entries again
21. Run Close Depreciation for October with both assets
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document