E-Fluid: Fluid Tile leaves blank space when tile height or width is above 1
(Doc ID 2485843.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 to 8.56 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On PT8.55 and PT8.56
When tiles are set to 1 height and 1 width they display as expected.
However, if a tile is taller (2Hx1W) or wider (1Hx2W) then there are blank spaces that are left next to the tile. Even if you personalize the homepage to move tiles into these blank spaces they will not be able to be placed in the blank space.
1. Navigate to PeopleTools-> Portal-> Tile Wizard-> Tile Wizard
2. Create a new tile
3. On Step 4, set Tile Height to 2
4. Publish Tile
5. Click Home
6. Click Personalize Homepage
7. Add new tile to homepage
8. Drag new tile and place in the top left of page
10. Tile Displays as expected
11. Click Personalize Homepage again
12. Move new tile to middle column
14. Page leaves empty space for a tile
15. Click Personalize Homepage
16. Move new tile to the far right column
18. 2 blank spaces are now showing
A. If you try to personalize the homepage again you are unable to move a tile to this empty space
19. Similar behavior happens if you set:
A. Tile Height: 2 and Tile Width: 2
B. Tile Height: 1 and Tile Width: 3 and placing the Tile below the top row
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document