Data Inconsistency Errors In Fluid Form Builder
(Doc ID 2485968.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 02, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Workflow
When editing a Fluid Form that has been saved at least once, we occasionally get a data inconsistency error when we try to save subsequent changes.
Data being added conflicts with existing data. When adding a new item to the database, the system found a conflicting item already exists. This problem can happen if another user has entered similar information at the same time of you. Note the changes you have made, cancel the page, then retry your changes. If the problem persists, it may be because of an application or other programming error and should be reported to technical staff. This error occurs when the keys on the record being inserted match a record that is already in the database. The application must ensure that each inserted record has a unique key.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new fluid form and add one text field.
2. Save the form.
3. Add a second text field to the form
4. Leave the design page without saving first.. The easiest way to do this is to hit the back button or close the window. One of the times this happened to me, it was because I unintentionally hit a keyboard combination that resulted in my leaving the window. For example alt-back_arrow will do this.
5. Open up the form in fluid form designer
6. Add the second text field again.
7. Save again.
8. Error appears.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document