EBI9.2: Delete Canceled Bills Results in Orphaned Data
(Doc ID 2487470.1)
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Billing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The new functionality delivered in Image 24 to be able to delete canceled bills results in orphaned data.
Someone creates and adjustment bill (credit or credit and rebill) and then realizes it is in error and changes the status of the adjustment invoice to Canceled; Subsequently the Delete Canceled Bills process is run.
The adjustment invoice that was canceled is then deleted but it is still linked to the original invoice thereby locking that original invoice down to further adjustment actions in the future if necessary. The adjustment invoice still shows on the Review Billing Information > Adjustment History page as well but can't be accessed because it has been deleted. Data that no longer exists is now referenced on different billing tables.
Because the Adjustment Invoice fields are not shown on the page there is no way to identify which invoices are adjustment related to deselect from the delete process.
This new process should exclude any invoices from the delete process that are in any way associated to an adjustment. At the very least display the adjustment related fields on page so users are aware which canceled bills are adjustment related, this is a risky option if people are not aware of the downstream issues if adjustment bills are deleted.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Navigation: Billing > Generate Invoices > Utilities > Delete Canceled Bills
1. Locate a bill that has been finalized
2. Navigate to Adjust Entire Bill: Billing > Maintain Bills > Adjust Entire Bill
3. Select Credit Entire Bill or Credit and Rebill and then save
4. Credit Invoice is created
5. Access the Bill Header Info 1 page and change the status to Cancelled
6. Navigate to Delete Canceled Bills: Billing > Generate Invoices > Utilities > Delete Canceled Bills
7. Delete the Canceled Bill
8. Note there is no information regarding invoice type listed
Canceled bill has been deleted
9. Review the Billing Adjustment History for the original invoice. The canceled and then deleted invoice is still associated to the invoice
10. Attempt to adjust the original invoice again – it is not available to adjust
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document