E-FLUID: Fluid Tiles Getting Cloned With Random Numbers, Creating Orphan Rows In PSPRSMHPASGPGLT And Causing Performance Issues
(Doc ID 2490756.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 11, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 8.55 version, Fluid UI
PIH 9.1, HCM 9.2 and FSCM 9.2 all on PT8.55.13.
PIH: PS 9.1 PI002
HCM: HRMS 9.2 PI025
FSCM: FIN/SCM 9.2 PI026
The issue is also observed on PT8.56.06.
Homepage personalization is creating orphan rows in PSPRSMHPASGPGLT in iHub and content providers.
- When a custom tile is added or modified, let's say, in FSCM, the tile is 'cloned' in Portal and HCM, with a sequence number appended to its name. The clone is done in PSPRSMHPASGPGLT, but not in PSPRSMDEFN.
- The 1st time such tile is created, it synchs up fine throughout all environments, but when other users add the same tile or modify its position in the Homepage, PSPRSMDEFN is not updated, thus creating the 'orphan entries' in PSPRSMHPASGPGLT.
- When accessing those tiles in PeopleTools > Portal > Structure and Content > Root > Fluid Structure Content > Fluid Homepages > [Homepage name], by clicking the Edit link, an error message pops up several times, indicating that the content reference is invalid.
- After clicking 'Ok' to those warning messages, upon saving the page, the 'orphans' are deleted by the system.
- The issue is not consistently replicable. It seems to be related when the Tiles are moved to a different position in the homepage.
Due to the issue:
- It is taking 15s+ to load the Homepage in Portal. Sometimes, it ends up timing out in FSCM or HCM or both. When that happens, corresponding tiles do not load to the homepage. Corresponding Service Operations errors out.
- Administrators have to manually delete the 'orphan' entries from time to time.
- All users have to manually redo their personalizations.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Configure Homepage with Tiles that are to be available to all environments.
2. For a particular Homepage, add or re-position a tile, in one of the content providers.
3. Note such change will replicate to the other environments - iHub and content providers.
4. Repeat step 2 for a number of users and same tiles, concurrently.
5. Note orphans in PSPRSMHPASGPGLT.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document