EGL9.2: Spreadsheet Journal Import(JRNL1_WS) Data Entry Alert Not Working For Stat Amount
(Doc ID 2491033.1)
Last updated on APRIL 16, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Data Entry Alert message is NOT displayed when there are more than 2 decimals in Stat Amount field on journal spreadsheet and Check Decimal icon is selected.
Steps to Replicate:
1. Open the new spreadsheet journal import sheet (JRNL1_WS.xlsm)
2. Go to the setup and defaults section to provide the setup to import the journal
3. Create a new sheet and Enter the header details.
4. Enter the line details. Make sure that the line amounts that you are entering is more than 2 digits.
5. Check for the data entry alert. Encountered an alert which says, “The amount in the selected cell contains too many decimals. The maximum allowed is 2.”
6. Click on OK and try to import the sheet by clicking on the Import now button.
7. Imported 0 journals. Message is displayed to check the decimal positions.
8. Now, try to add more than 2 decimal digits for a Stat amount as shown in the screenshot.
9. Perform the data entry alert check. No data entry alerts encountered.
10. Now, try to import this journal by clicking on the import now button and view the message log.
Please see the replication screenshot for more details.
Data Entry Alert is NOT displayed.
Data Entry Alert should be performed for stat amounts as well.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document