"No Job Selected" Shows in "My Job Applications" Page Though it is Turned Off in the Setup
(Doc ID 2499945.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 26, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Candidate Gateway - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the "Apply Without Selecting a Job" link set to OFF, applicants can still apply for jobs without a job opening ID.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Make sure "Apply Without Selecting a Job” link is checked (Set Up HCM > Product Related > Recruiting > Candidate Gateway > Site is set to OFF).
(Please Note: All the Job Opening ID's referred in this KM document have been taken from an Oracle Demo Instance)
3. Make sure Apply Without Selecting a Job link is Set Up HCM > Product Related > Recruiting > Candidate Gateway > Site is set to OFF.
4. Navigator > Careers and Register as an Applicant
5. Logged in to the External Gateway in 2 different browsers (one session with IE and the other with Chrome) as PS/PS
6. Using IE, Goto sign in as the above Applicant and goto View all jobs. Apply for job 504027 and stop at Step 4. Then click Exit.
7. Click Yes.
8. Still using IE, apply for job 504076 but stop at Step #2 just like above. Click Exit and Yes .
9. Still using IE, apply for job 303667 but stop at Step #3 just like above. Click Exit and Yes (just like the above).
10. So now there are 3 jobs in 'My Job Applications' all in Draft (Not Submitted).
11. Switch to the Chrome browser (leave the IE browser open). Make sure to be in 'My Job Applications' in both browsers.
12. In the Chrome window, click on Withdraw for Job Opening 504027. Click OK to accept.
13. Now back in the IE browser click on the arrow for Job ID 504027.
14. Note it takes you right back to Step #4
15. From here go ahead and finish the application.
16. After clicking Submit, it would appear that the applicant has applied for Job ID 504027.
17. However, if you go 'My Job Applications' you will not see 504027. Instead you will see 'No Job Selected'.
18. Similar steps performed in Chrome. Withdraw 504076 from IE and click Ok.
19. In Chrome click on the arrow button and submit the application.
20. Submit the application.
21. Observe that "No Job Selected" shows in My job Applications though it is turned off in Setup.
In the examples given above, the data used (of the Job Openings etc) represent a fictitious sample (based up made up data used in the HCM Demo environment). Any similarity to data of actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental and not intended in any manner.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document