Requisition "Express Item Entry" Page Skipping BU-Catalog Security
(Doc ID 2501313.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 24, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM eProcurement - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
We are having issues around BU-Catalog Security, when trying to access Items through Express Item Entry page in Requisition. Items from Catalogs not defined in BU level security can be accessed through this page and Requisitions can be created further.
This is allowing Requestors to create Requisitions for the items they are not supposed to access.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1) Navigate to eProcurement -> Administer Procurement
2) Click Maintain Catalogs
3) Click Catalog Security Types
4) Security for Catalogs is defined at Business_unit Type
5) Selected one of the BU drop down list for assigned catalogs. In this scenarios selected a Business Unit US001.
6) Searched for an active catalog named "xxxxxx", which is not assigned to above mentioned Business Unit US001.
7) Selected an item from "xxxxxx" for testing, which is an active Item. In this case, CM_54_000000000004.
8) Navigate to eProcurement -> Requisition
9) Select US001 and click Add
10) Click Advance Search, provide Item ID: CM_54_000000000004, and click Search.
11) No results should be displayed since "xxxxxx" is not a defined catalog for US001
12) Click Home and select Express Item Entry Link.
13) Click on Prompt and select CM_54_000000000004.
14) Item details will be populated, entry Quantity and click Add to Cart.
15) Entry rest all details and click Save & Submit. Requisition will be created.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document