EAM9.2: Transaction Amount Not Correct In DIST_LN When Inter Unit Transfer Rows Are Processed for BU Having Multiple Ledgers With Different Currency Than the Base Currency
(Doc ID 2501344.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 24, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Accounting Entries
1) Configure Setup for IUT with Different currencies.
2) Ensure Book code is disabled fully or enabled fully.
3) Uncheck Trans currency Translation at AM Installation Level.
4) Create Asset (INServiceDT 30-nov-2016, TransDT 01-Jan-2018, AcctngDT 28-Feb-2018; Primary book in USD, Secondary/Translate books in INR, GBP, and EUR; Cost 108.00 USD).
5) Depreciate the Asset.
6) Create Accounting Entries.
7) Close Depreciation as of accounting date of ADD (AcctngDT 28-Feb-2018).
8) Perform an IUT from source BU to target BU.
9) Depreciate the source Asset.
10) Create Accounting Entries for the source Asset.
11) Create Accounting Entries for the target Asset.
12) Review the accounting entries for the source and target Assets.
When performing an IUT on an Asset with multiple currencies and the Trans Currency Translation unchecked, we find that the Transaction Amount is translated to the Base Amount in the ps_dist_ln table for the TRF transactions for both the source and target asset ids. transaction. Further, the GL Balancing Accounting entries are not generated for the translate/secondary books.
The expectations are twofold:
1) The transaction amount will not be translated to the base currency as the Trans currency Translation option is unchecked – Test Meets Expectations.
2) GL Balancing Entries will be created for the Translate/Secondary Books – Test Replicates Customer Issue.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document