PC_FND_DIST - Funds Distribution Rule Department Criteria Not Being Used. Due to This Incorrect Target Rows Are Getting Generated When Department Is Used as One of the Chart Field Criteria
(Doc ID 2502664.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 28, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Other
Defined Funds Distribution Rule for Business Unit GL, Account, Department, Class and Budget Ref
Review that PS_PC_WHERE_FND table and notice that the weight for the criteria defined has 198145 and the criteria associated with this weight is AND SRC.ANALYSIS_TYPE = FD.ANALYSIS_TYPE AND SRC.BUSINESS_UNIT_GL = FD.BUSINESS_UNIT_GL AND SRC.ACCOUNT = FD.ACCOUNT AND SRC.CLASS_FLD = FD.CLASS_FLD AND SRC.BUDGET_REF = FD.BUDGET_REF
The DEPTID is not in the where clause. This causes incorrect rows to be generated as targets.
The Funds distribution process should create appropriate rows taking into consideration the specified criteria. Department value is not properly used in the provided use case
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a Project/Activity
2. Create Funds distribution rule with Business unit GL, account, deptid, class_fld, budget_ref. Specific department say 41000
3. Now create 2 transactions with all fields Business unit GL, account, class_fld, budget_ref populated the same matching the criteria. For one row populate Department as 410000 and for other row leave it as blank.
4. Run funds distribution process.
5. Expectation is that the process should create funds distribution only for the row with department 41000 and not the other.
When reviewed the PC_FND_DIST process creates the funds distribution rows for both the transactions. This is incorrect. Because of this other issues are noticed but the root cause is the incorrect where clause being stored in PS_PC_WHERE_FND for the specified criteria
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document