BRON (NLD) Needs Extra Service Operation For Prior Education Because Of Regulatory Demands
(Doc ID 2503654.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 24, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Will Oracle address the new Regulatory requirements for BRON:
The BRD and PvE contain detailed information about changes needed to the current BRON interface for educational sector BO.
The changes required are:
- Extension of the current service operation AANLEVERENIDENTIFICATIEPERSOON with an extra element to indicate if a subscription of personal data for a student is to be started/prolonged or ended.
- Creation of a new synchronous outbound service operation (with request and response) AanvraagVooropleiding. In this webservice a subscription on prior education data for a student can be started/prolonged or ended.
- Creation of a new synchronous inbound service operation (with request and response) VerstrekkenVooropleidingsGegevens
- Build in support for these changed/new service operations in existing components, regarding setup data, functional exchange monitoring, workcenters, batch process, etc.
- Build in support for receiving spontaneous prior education messages from DUO.
- Build new (sub)pages/components for capturing the received prior education data, which are specified in PvE, with (sub)page definitions according to mockups provided in BRD for:
- Enrollment data for 5 different educational sectors (VO / VSO / VAVO / MBO / HO)
- Result data for 3 different educational sectors (VO-VSO-VAVO / MBO / HO)
- Some new setup tables or setup table changes for NLD codes needed for related displays (ILT-codes, new HEGIS_CODE type)
- Create triggers in the CS application (either by peoplecode in NLD components or by asynchronous message handler app classes) for sending outbound messages to
- DUO based on user actions or incoming spontaneous messages.
- All of this based on below process flow, consisting of both user interactions and automatic processes
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document