EAP WTHD18: IRS Class Change For First Corrections Appearing In Second Correction File In Error
(Doc ID 2504595.1)
Last updated on JULY 14, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Withholding corrections were made to move amounts from one Withholding Class to another. The Correction file was accepted by the IRS and the Withholding Sent File process was run. A second set of corrections are made. The second correction file contains the Vendors from the first correction file (for the Withholding Class change) in error, with zero dollar amounts. 1099 Copy B's are also generated for these zero dollar entries. This issue started after applying the fix for Bug 29298501 - AP:WITHHOLDING CLASS CHANGE GENERATES INCORRECT IRS FILE AFTER SECOND CORRECTION.Bug 29206420 - AP: 1099 CLASS AND TIN CORRECTION NOT CORRECT IN IRS FILE AND 1099 COPY B Bug 29206420 - AP: 1099 CLASS AND TIN CORRECTION NOT CORRECT IN IRS FILE AND 1099 COPY B
1. USA0000019 > Add Voucher > Report only Withholding Class 03
2. Pay Voucher through Express Payment > Post Payment
3. Post Withholdings
4. 1099 Job
5. NON-NEC file entry for USA0000019 and Class 03 correct
6. Withholding Sent File
7. USA0000019 > Withholding Adjustments > Original Entry = Class 03 for 2000.00
8. Enter Legacy row to remove from Class 03 = -2000.00
Enter 2nd Legacy row to add to Class 07 = 2000.00
9. USA0000019 Class change reflected in the WTHD_TRXN_TBL
10. 1099 Job > check box for Include Manual Overrides and Has the 1099-MISC containing Box 7 Non Employee Compensation file been sent and accepted by the IRS?
11. NEC file shows correction entry for USA0000019 and Class 07
12. 1099 Copy B has CORRECTED box checked > Box 3 = 0.00 and Box 7 = 2000.00 > this is correct
13. Withholding Sent File
14. 1099 Job > Nothing should process because no additional corrections made
15. NEC file shows 0 > NON-NEC file size 3760
16. NON-NEC file contains Supplier from prior correction with zero amounts > file should not have generated
17. Corrected 1099 Copy B generated with zero amounts > should not have generated
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document