IAM Result Posting Replacing a Grade with a Repeat Code Does not Update the Course Grade Official Field (STDNT_ENRL.CRSE_GRADE_OFF)
(Doc ID 2505659.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 23, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Student Records Activity Management
IAM Result Posting with Repeat Code either errors or runs to success but does not correctly update the grade fields in the student enrollment table.
Updating a mark on the Activity Roster for a grade previously posted to the student enrollment record that has a repeat code assigned updates the course grade input field but does not update course grade official field (STDNT_ENRL.CRSE_GRADE_OFF and CRSE_GRADE_INPUT)
IAM Result Posting will return the error:
Caught Exception: Class Record: assumed property EFF_STATUS is not a valid field name. (2,274) SSR_ENROLLMENT.Setup.RepeatCode.OnExecute Name:getCurrEffRow PCPC:462 Statement:10
Expect both fields to be updated with the new grade.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Curriculum Management > Activity Management > Activity Roster and access the result roster for a class.
2. Update the mark/grade for a student who has already had the original grade posted to STDNT_ENRL and where the class has a repeat code assigned.
3. Navigate to Records and Enrollment > Activity Management > IAM Result Posting and run the posting process.
4. Check the data for the student in STDNT_ENRL table and only one of the grade fields was updated.
5. Trace or log file will show the error message: Caught Exception: Class Record: assumed property EFF_STATUS is not a valid field name. (2,274) SSR_ENROLLMENT.Setup.RepeatCode.OnExecute Name:getCurrEffRow PCPC:462 Statement:10
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document