EAP Brazil Localization: Withholding Voucher applied to Non Withholding Prepaid Voucher has incorrect Closure amounts
(Doc ID 2506823.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 13, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables Brazil - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Regular Withholding Voucher is created. There are 2 Payment Schedules created. One for the Invoicing Vendor and the other for the Withholding Entity.
Prepaid Voucher is created for the same Vendor that is on the Regular Withholding Voucher. However, there is no Withholding information that was defaulted onto the Prepaid Voucher when it was created.
Regular Voucher is applied to the Prepaid Voucher through the Apply Vouchers to Prepayment page. However, not the entire amount of the Regular Voucher is paid.
Regular Voucher with the remaining amount, ends up being marked for closure.
When Voucher Posting is run, the Closure entries being created are created for the incorrect amounts on the VCHR_ACCTG_LINE able. However, when reviewing the Voucher > Payments page, the Payment amounts for each Payment Schedule reflect the correct Amounts that were applied and should be closed.
It appears that Voucher Posting is taking the total amount remaining that need to be closed and recalculating what the Withholding percentages should be based on the total amount. As a result, the recalculated closure amounts do not match the original remaining amounts that should be closed.
Total Voucher = 1,000.00
Payment 1 to Invoice Vendor = 950.00
Payment 2 to Withholding Entity = 50.00
Voucher Accounting Entries page
Expense Distribution 1,000.00
Accounts Payable 950.00
Withholding Liability 50.00
Total Voucher = 949.00
Regular Voucher of 950.00 applied to Prepaid Voucher of 949.00
Remaining to be paid on Regular Vouchher = 1.00
Remaining Payment to Withholding Entity = 50.00
Regular Voucher is closed for a Total Amount = 51.00
Closure Entries created on Accounting Entries page
Expense Distribution 51.00
Accounts Payable 48.45
Withholding Liability 2.55
1. Regular Voucher created for Withholding Vendor that has 2 Payment Schedules
a. Payment 1 for the Invoicing Vendor
b. Payment 2 for the Withholding Entity
2. Regular Voucher is posted through Voucher Posting
3. Prepaid Voucher is created but with no Withholding information
4. Prepaid Voucher is paid
5. Regular Voucher is applied to the Prepaid Voucher through the Apply Vouchers to Prepayment page but the entire amount of the Regular Voucher is not paid
6. Regular Voucher is marked for Closure through the Close Voucher page
7. Run Voucher Posting to create Closure Voucher
8. Display the Regular Voucher
9. On the Voucher > Payments page, Payment Schedules display as follows:
a. Payment 1 has the remaining amount that needs to be paid since Prepaid Voucher did not pay the entire amount
b. Payment 2 has the amount that should have been paid to the Withholding Entity
c. Payment 3 has the amount that was paid by the Prepaid Voucher
10. Voucher Accounting Entries page for the Closure entries do not reflect the amounts from Step 9
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document