EAM: Import Via Excel Doesn't Default By Profile
(Doc ID 2507048.1)
Last updated on MARCH 05, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Import via Excel doesn't default by profile.
When a new import via spreadsheet template is created to add assets with accumulated depreciation and, when using this template, it can be noticed that the Default Book by Profile switch is not selecting.
This causes the TAGGABLE_SW and ASSET_TYPE to be left blank when loading the transaction. When this happens, the asset will not be selected in the scan scope and they cannot save in basic add.
1. Create Template to add assets with accumulated depreciation
2. Click Create Template and download the file.
3. Enter sample data to add one asset.
4. Go to Upload the spreadsheet data.
5. Enter a run control.
6. Choose the template ID we just created.
7. Click Select File and upload the file we created with one asset line.
8. Ensure there are no errors and click run.
9. Review the transaction created in the Preview FIN & PHY Spreadsheet page:
- Notice the Default Books from Profile is not selected.
- This causes the taggable switch and asset type to NOT be entered when loading the transaction.
10. RUN AMIF1000.
11. Notice the fields "Taggable Assets" and "Asset Type" not populated.
12. Click Save.
13. Asset cannot be saved. The following error is thrown:
Asset type is required/ Please select a value to continue (8010,369)
Please Enter Asset Type. Field cannot be blank.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document