E-AD: Deleting A Page Definition In One Related Language Also Deletes The Page PeopleCode
(Doc ID 2507779.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 14, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 8.55 version, Application Designer
1. The Page Activate PeopleCode is deleted despite the page still existing in the base language (and perhaps in other related languages) when the page in French is deleted.
2. If the page is referenced elsewhere in the application (for example, say it's a subpage included in another page), Application Designer prevents you from deleting it in French language (deleting it would have no adverse effects In frech, only in base language and would not leave an unresolved reference).
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
0. Set Configuration Manager for English, the base language.
1. Create a new empty subpage, call it TEST_SBP.
2. Do a "Save As" of this subpage and save it in French.
3. Create a new page, call it TEST_PG, that only has the TEST_SBP subpage in it.
4. Create some dummy Page Activate PeopleCode on TEST_PG. It could just be a single comment, no need for anything else.
5. Do a "Save As" of the TEST_PG page and save it in French.
6. Delete the French version of TEST_PG, leaving the English (base language) version untouched. Notice that the Page PeopleCode has been incorrectly deleted, even though the base language version of TEST_PG still exists.
7. Attempt to delete the French version of the TEST_SBP subpage, leaving the English (base language) version untouched. Notice that Application Designer won't let you delete it, even though deleting it would not break referential integrity in any way.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document