ETL92: Inconsistent Behavior For Absence Request Status After Submit Timesheet
(Doc ID 2512949.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Time and Labor - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
It appears there is inconsistency in behavior when a single vs multiple absences created via ESS> Time Reporting>Report Time Absence Request. With approval turned off at workgroup level/trc level, when a single Absence Request is saved then the timesheet is submitted the status for the single absence is automatically changed to Approved. On the other hand, when multiple Absence Requests are saved then the timesheet is submitted the status for the multiple absences remain as Saved.
Steps to Recreate:
1. Set the country take for an absence with Allow Entry in Time in labor as not selected; also turn off forecasting.
2. Employee enters a single absence for one day on 2/6/2019 then Save for Later.
3. Employee navigates to the timesheet for the period of the absence just saved then Submit timesheet. Note the Absence status is changed to Approved.
4. Now employee enters Absence Request via Self Service > Time Reporting > Report time > Absence Request for 2 separated absences on different days and Save the absence request.
5. Employee navigates to the timesheet and Submit the timesheet. Note the status on the recent two absences remain in Saved status. The behavior is inconsistent with that of the single absence previously submitted.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document