E-PIA/SEC: When languageCD is appended as an URL parameter, the signin with direct (deep link) URL fails after 1st unsuccessful login attempt ( ErrorCode=105 appended In URL)
(Doc ID 2514019.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 09, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.56 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 8.56 version, PIA Core Technology
Issue reported on PT8.56.10.
Using Deep Links to access the PS system directly in one of installed PS languages ... e.g have languageCd=XXX added as URL parameter
Unable To Signin With Direct URL After 1st Failed Login Attempt
- "cmd=login&errorCode=105" is appended to URL upon the 1st failed login attempt when either #a wrong password is used, or when #a third party SSO authentication Signon PeopleCode fails
- On 2nd and any other subsequent login attempts, even if correct credentials are provided, "cmd=login&errorCode=105" is again appended to the URL. User is unable to login.
Example of Deep Link used:
Deep link should take the user into the system into the desired language , upon login with correct credentials provided.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps in a multilanguage PS database (e.g database that has Canadian French installed):
1. On an e-mail received link click on (sample) deep link that takes user to Fluid landing home page in French language through the &languageCd=CFR
2. Enter incorrect credentials, to force errorCode=105 ("Your User ID and/or Password are invalid")
3. In a 2nd attempt to login, enter the correct credentials.
4. Even with correct credentials, user is unable to login. On 2nd and any other subsequent login attempts, even if correct credentials are informed, "cmd=login&errorCode=105" is again appended back to the URL.
Upgrade to tools 8.56
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document