E-PORTAL: Accessing Content Provider Navigation From Unified Navigation Portal (HRMS) Gives Security Error When Using Classic Homepage Navigation
(Doc ID 2515136.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 12, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.56 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a user accesses a page through Unified Navigation where the user does not have access to the page in the local environment, only in the remote environment, they get the following error:
"First operand of . is NULL, so cannot access member Count. (180,236) PT_NAV2.NavHover.OnExecute Name:doBCUpdateType3Check PCPC:35572 Statement:611 Called from:PT_NAV2.NavHover.OnExecute Name:getBreadCrumbHTML Statement:340 Called from:PT_NAV2.NavHover.OnExecute Name:setNavHTML Statement:141 Called from:PT_NAV2.NavHover.OnExecute Name:buildHoverNavHTML Statement:94 Called from:PT_NAV2.NavHover.OnExecute Name:NavHover Statement:42 Called from:WEBLIB_PT_NAV.ISCRIPT1.FieldFormula Name:buildDropDownNav Statement:118 Called from:WEBLIB_PT_NAV.ISCRIPT1.FieldFormu"
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Login to iHub environment
- Click on the NavBar on the top right corner.
- Select 'Classic Home' (Please note, there is no issue if you access the component via Navigator)
- Select 'Human Resources' (Unified Navigation)
- Select 'My System Profile' (or any navigation which exists in both iHub and HR)
- If the user do not have access to that component in iHub, but have access in HR, user gets the error
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document