EPY: Wisconsin Taxing Incorrect With Supplemental Earning and Multiple States
(Doc ID 2517197.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 23, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll for North America - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an employee is working in multiple states and has to be taxed in both states on the same paycheck, if the employee is paid an earning with a supplemental tax method in Minnesota, none of the Wisconsin taxes due are taken. When the employee is paid an earning with a supplemental tax method of Wisconsin, taxes are taken correctly for both states. Employee has a resident state of Wisconsin and a work state of Minnesota.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. A Wisconsin resident works in Minnesota
2. On the same check, employee worked 40 REG in MN and 40 hours REG in WI
3. Taxes taken for both states
4. Gave a $100 bonus for MN
5. Taxes are still taken for both the states
6. Tax Method for Earning Code "BNS" is defined as "Specified on Paysheet".
7. WI and MN tax is taken correctly.
8. Now Change the Tax Method for "BNS" to "Supplemental".
9. After changing the Tax Method to Supplemental, no WI tax is taken.
10. That's an unexpected behavior
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document