UPK: Cannot Checkin Content Due to Error "document is already extracted by someone else"
(Doc ID 2518678.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 28, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise UPK - Developer - Version 3.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168 version, UPK
UPK gives random error when check in the document after the conversion of the DB from 11g to 12c
users get randomized an error when checking in the document.
The issue is happened to all users but on different documents.
document is already extracted by someone else.
oddev log may show
ERROR Gkn.OnDemand.Library.InvalidDocumentCacheOperationException: Attempt to open document in the read-only DocCache area.
ERROR Gkn.OnDemand.Library.InvalidDocumentCacheOperationException: Cannot close the document storage because it is already closed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. upgrade of DB from 11g to 12c:
2. The Users have extracted all their work from DB to their workstations just to save a local copy.
3. The DBA converted the DB from 11g to 12c.On Windows Server 2008 R2, the Oracle Client has been upgraded from 11g to 12c.
4. When started UPK Developer, it stayed offline.
5. Finally, a conflict of Oracle .net Client was found in Windows registry.
6. Deleted 11g 32bit registry and redo the registration .net to 64bits, the UPK Server can use correct Oracle Client.
7. The UPK Developer can connect to the DB and shows Online.
8. error : document is already extracted by someone else.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document