EPC - Receiving Incorrect 'Source Type is Required' Error Saving Project Budget Detail Page
(Doc ID 2520655.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If the Business Unit configuration specifies that Source Type is a required PC field, when a user attempts to add a new budget item to a budget, they receive an error 'Source Type is Required (9000,230) ' even though that field has been populated for the new budget item.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set the Source Type Input Control option to required on the Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Business Unit Related > Project Costing > Project Costing Options page.
2. Create a project with two activities.
3. Create a budget plan for the project
4. Drill down on the budget detail and add an item to the first activity being sure to enter a Source Type value.
5. Distribute the budget amount.
6. Save the Budget Detail page - error is given.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document