ELA: Lease Amendment Error On Asset Transition To ASC842 Guided Migration Process RE_TRANSITN
(Doc ID 2526660.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Lease Administration - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Leases were migrated to the new ASC842 standards using the Guided Migration Process. The resulting ROU shown in the General Information tab after running RE_TRANSITN, did not agree with the ROU shown in the Financial Terms tab. An amendment was attempted but during activation, an error was encountered. Checked a Lease Created Online Vs Transitioned Lease and found the following table population:
Table RE_LSA_PPTY -> AMND_NBR = 0 Row- Blank Values on CAP_LEASE_AMT = 0.00, COST = 0.00 , DISCOUNTED_PVLP = 0.00
Table RE_LSA_AST_DST --> AMND_NBR = 0 Row - Blank Values on AMOUNT = 0.00
Table RE_LS_AST_DST - Blank Values on AMOUNT = 0.00
The ROU amount should be the same on all pages in lease.
1) The customer has the Apply ASC 842 and IFRS 16 Accounting Not checked - Flag is Not Checked Here
2) Creates a leased asset on the basic add page with Operating Lease Eqpt Profile
3) Creates a new lease in LA and selects the lease asset.
4) Changes the estimated life of the lease.
5) Enters a basic rent definition.
6) Allocates and classifies as operating - able to activate the lease successfully.
7) Run through the Guided Migration Steps
8) Enters a transition date for the ASC 842 and IFRS 16 Accounting checkbox at the installation level and Then migrates the lease.
10) Also adds cost distribution information with a specific dept id as part of migration.
11) Runs migration job.
12) After migrating, pull up the already activated lease, create an amendment to change the dept id on the asset cost distribution page.
13) Abend occurs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document