EAR9.2: How To Get AR Payment Predictor To Work?
(Doc ID 2526778.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 15, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Question: Is it possible to apply payment via payment predictor by just providing the PO reference and payment amount(without providing item reference)?
If answer is Yes, then please provide the functionality cause customer scenario is to upload the payment data and provide only PO ref and pay amount and he is looking for applying the payment to an item based on these 2 fields.
Please find below replication steps of a test that was run, but in this case payment predictor is applying the payment because we had selected the item manually.
Test that we run to check current functionality:
1. Go to Set Up Financials/ Supply Chain/ Business Unit related/ Receivables/ Receivables Options and setup - Payment Predictor Method used is selected as PP-REFS under Payment Options tab;
2. Check also Predictor Method page setup for PP-REFS method under Set Up Financials/ Supply Chain/ Product Related/ Receivables/ Payments/ Predictor Method navigation path;
3. Check Predictor Method Review page under Set Up Financials/ Supply Chain/ Product Related/ Receivables/ Payments/ Predictor Method Review page;
4. Create new PO- Purchasing/ Purchase Orders/ Add/Update POs (PO Status must be Dispatched upon clicking on Dispatch button and Budget Status must be Valid)
5. Create new Item (100.00$) under Accounts Receivable/ Pending Items/ Online Items/ Group Entry page and then reference PO just created under Pending Item 1 tab at Reference Information section;
6. Post the item by going to Group Action tab and select Action as Post Now;
7. When checking Accounts Receivable/ Customer Accounts/ Item Information/View/ Update Item Details- under Detail 2 tab for the item created, Purchase Order field is populated with PO selected previously;
8. Create new item and reference the same PO and then post this second item (200.00$);
9. Create Deposit (100.00$) under Accounts Receivable/ Payments/ Online Payments/ Regular Deposit page and under Payments tab at Reference Information section select Qual Code as P and select of the items created (the one of 100.00$);
10. Check Payment Predictor flag under Regular Deposits page- Payments tab;
11. When checking ps_payment_id_item table, ITEM and ITEM_AMT fields are empty (so it not considering these fields which customer is interested in), but REF_QUALIFIER_CODE and REF_VALUE fields are populated;
12. Run Payment Predictor under Accounts Receivable/ Payments/ Apply Payments/ Request Payment Predictor page;
13. Check the worksheet under Accounts Receivable/ Payments/ Apply Payments/ Update Worksheet page - Worksheet is empty,but Amount (100.00$), Selected 300.00$)and Adjusted (200.00$) fields are having values;
14. Select Batch standard and run ARUPDATE;
15. Go to Accounts Receivable/ Customer Accounts/ Customer Information/ Payments and click on Deposit ID and check Item Activity From a Payment and see that system created a DED type transaction, as per Predictor Method Review page.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document