EPC - Row Level Security Permission List Not Applied Correctly in Some Project Costing Pages
(Doc ID 2527613.1)
Last updated on JULY 22, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Many pages in Project Costing are not applying Row level security permission list security correctly and are using the Primary permission list instead. This is preventing users from accessing data they should see while returning data they shouldn't.
To reproduce this issue:
1. Set up permission list level security with BU and Project secured and Project Security Type selected from the dropdown list.
2. Set up a permission list with access to some specific BUs and projects.
3. Update a user's security profile so that they have this permission list for their Row Security.
4. Navigate to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Security > Apply Security Setups and run the SEC_VIEWS process.
5. Navigate to Project Costing > Project Definitions > General Information and use the lookup prompt for Business Unit on the search record. Results may differ from what was setup for the permission list.
This appears to impact several pages including:
- Project Costing > Accounting > Process Project Accounting
- Project Costing > Project Definitions > General Information
- Project Costing > Project Definitions > Team
- Project Costing > Project Definitions > Status
- Project Costing > Project Definitions > Organization
- Project Costing > Project Definitions > Projects List
- Project Costing > Project Definitions > Project Initiation
- Project Costing > Project Definitions > Project Milestones
- Project Costing > Activity Definitions > Project Activities
- Project Costing > Transaction Definitions > Add Transactions
- Project Costing > Funds Distribution > Funds Distribution
- Project Costing > Budgeting > Budget Plan
- Project Costing > Cost Collection > General Ledger
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document