Modify End Dates Throws an Incorrect Error When Reducing a Project End Date to Less Than a Team Member End Date
(Doc ID 2527640.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Grants - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Grants Award- Modify End Date page throws an error when the a new End date (shortened by a a day or more) is copied to Award end date, Contract Lines End Date and Project End Data and Activity End Date. This is incorrect and no error should be reported.
Note: Even after getting these messages after saving the page, it saves all other end date correctly to new date except Project end date.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a Proposal with Start and End date as 01/01/2018 and 12/31/2019
2. Submit the Proposal and Generate an award
3. Go To Project Costing > Project Definition > Project Team. Search the related project. Add a team member with start and end dates as 01/01/2018 and 12/31/2018 if not already exists
4. Using Grants > Awards > Modify End Dates, Search for the award and extend all the end dates activities related to the award, Contract lines, Project lines etc... to say 12/31/2019
5. Go To Project Costing > Project Definition > Project Team. Search the related project. Modify the end date of the team member 01/01/2018 and 12/31/2019
6. Using Grants > Awards > Modify End Dates, Search for the award and decrease the end dates activities related to the award, Contract lines, Project lines etc... to say 12/31/2018 again
7. Change the Project end date again to 12/31/2018.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document