Request New Item Through Special Request is not Working if Approval is On
(Doc ID 2529528.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 08, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM eProcurement - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Request New Item through ePro Special Request requisition is not working if Approval Workflow is ON.
On eProcurement - Create requisition - Special request - if flag Request New Item = Y, the business process is when user check on this checkbox it notifies buyer on "Epro Buyer" role via work list.
Buyer can create new item and update their work list with new item and then notify requestor from work list directly. It is expected that the workflow list to be triggered when create an eProcurement Requisition - Special request with option flag Request New Item = Y and Workflow Approval Required = Y.
This feature works only if you have "Workflow Approval Required" checkbox turned off at Administer Procurement/Epro Business unit options. It appears the PeopleCode is written to skip "create new item worklist entry" if approval is ON.
Also, if check the Approver for requisition creator, still the new item request was not triggered in the WorkList.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login as VP1 for example.
2. Navigate to ePro-administer procurement – maintain Business units – epro business unit
BU = US001, notice workflow approval is not ON.
3. Create a requisition “special request” and check “Request New Item” submit the
4. Go to worklist, check new worklist item is showing for creating new item.
5. Check the workflow approval option for BU US003.
6. Create a requisition – special request with “request New Item”, go to worklist and check
for new item request. System doesn’t show anything.
7. This is the code which calls create new item worklist entry, please see the if
condition it is not calling if “Approval is ON”
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document