PO Dispatch (POPO005.SQR) Incorrectly Populates Staging Tables For PO Email And EDX
(Doc ID 2530399.1)
Last updated on MAY 10, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
PO Dispatch (POPO005.SQR) incorrectly populates staging tables for PO email and EDX, for POs in an open/unapproved status.
The POPO005.SQR incorrectly inserts records into the Email Queue table and/or EC tables when the dispatch method is Email or EDX, for POs in an open/unapproved status.
When a PO is in an open/unapproved status these tables should never be populated when the dispatch program runs as only approved/Disaptched (or POs we are cancelling) should be actuall sent to the Vendor
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Create PO in an Open Status with Dispatch Method EDX
Run PO Dispatch with Print Copy activated (just to see what the print looks like):
1. Running dispatch will not change the status to Dispatched, however the EC tables are populated so the PO would be send to the Vendor. PO prints UNAUTHORIZED, so shouldn’t be sent to the Vendor
2. Running Dispatch with Test Dispatch also populates the EC tables, which should not be the case as well, since a test dispatch is not supposed to go the Vendor
3. Running PO Print does NOT populate EC stage tables
SELECT * FROM PS_PO_HDR_OUT_EC
SELECT * FROM PS_PO_LINE_OUT_EC
SELECT * FROM PS_PO_SHIP_OUT_EC
Change PO dispatch method to Email
1. Running dispatch will not change the status to Dispatched, however the Email stage table is populated so the PO would be send to the Vendor. PO prints UNAUTHORIZED, so shouldn’t be sent to the Vendor
2. Running Dispatch with Test Dispatch does NOT populate the Email stage table, which is as expected
3. Running PO Print does NOT populate email stage table: SELECT * FROM PS_PO_EMAIL_QUEUE
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document