EAP 9.2: Payment Amount Budget Check Twice When Prepayment Applied and Remaining Balance Paid from Regular Voucher
(Doc ID 2531339.1)
Last updated on JULY 22, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : FIN 9.2 PUM image 22
Payment budget check twice when prepayment applied and balance paid manually
Budget should not be impacted twice when prepayment is applied
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Purchasing > Purchase Orders > Add/Update POs and create a PO, say for 8000.00
- Ensure distribution line(s) will impact a budget
- Budget Check and Dispatch the PO
2. Review the budget (Commitment Control > Review Budget Activities > Budgets Overview/Budget Details)
- Encumbrance = 8000.00
3. Navigate to Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry and create a prepayment Voucher for 100.00.
- Budget check, post and pay the voucher
4 Review the budget
- Expense = 100.00
4. Create a receipt for 1000.00 for the PO (Purchasing > Receipts > Add/Update Receipts)
5. Create a regular voucher from the receipt for 1000.00
- Ensure Automatically Apply Prepayment is not checked on Voucher Attributes tab
6. Apply the prepayment to the regular voucher manually (Accounts Payable > Payments > Manual Payment and Prepayment > Apply Vouchers to Prepayment)
- Budget check, match, and post the voucher
- Pay the voucher and post the payment
- Voucher Related Documents tab shows 2 payment lines - 1 for 900.00 and the 2nd for 100.00 (from the prepayment)
7. Review the budget
- Expense amount = 1100.00 instead of 1000.00 => 100.00 for the prepayment and the full 1000.00 for the regular voucher
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document