EGL9.2: Business Unit Security By User ID Does Not Work in WorkCenter Filters
(Doc ID 2531467.1)
Last updated on MAY 26, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When security options is set to 'User ID Level Security, and user types in a Business Unit in the WorkCenter filters, it allows the Business Unit to be entered even when the user
does not have access to the Business Unit. The lookup/prompt works fine, but when the Business Unit is manually entered, the page does not error, which should if the user does not have access to the business unit entered.
Steps to replicate:
1. Navigate to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Security > Security Options.
2. Select Type of Security = User ID Level Security; Secure Fields = Business Unit
3. Associate Business Units to User ID.
4. Go to Apply Security Setups to run SEC_VIEWS process name.
5. Go to the General Ledger WorkCenter. Click on Filters and select the first 'Journals Available to Edit' link, to change the filter for GLJRNL1. Type in a GL BU that is not in the list available for the User.
7. Click on OK, and the page allows user to save with an invalid BU for that user.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document