EPC - Users Should Not Be Able to Delete Budget Lines While PC_WRAPPER Budget Finalization Process Is Running.
(Doc ID 2531488.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 28, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
It is possible for a user to finalize a budget and, while the PC_WRAPPER finalization process is still running, delete items from the budget. If this happens, then budget numbers will be different in the Budget Overview/Budget Plan vs Budget Detail
The user entered a budget detail line for the Project using the wrong account number- (CIP account for $38,097.14) . Subsequently, they deleted that specific account from Budget Detail. However, the account (CIP account for $38,097.14) and budget line were deleted from budget detail, but the amount is still appearing in Budget Overview and Budget Plan.
Budget Plan and Budget Overview Totals = $83,173.14
Budget Detail Total = $45,076.00
The difference is =$38,097.14
After starting Finalization, users should not be allowed to delete budget lines until the finalization process is complete.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Enable KK for Recording and add the ledger group CC_ORG.
2. Open the ledger group CC_ORG and go to the Key and Translations. Change the calendar id from Y1 (default) to MN (the one that you have on the budget). Add these three project chartfields. For account and department there are some trees.
3. Open the tree for the account. The account 682000 is from level 2 and can be used.
4. Open the tree for the department. Display levels
5. Click on Department G
6. Department G is DEPT_GROUP. The department 42000 can be used.
7. Create Project/Activities
8. Create budget
9. Enter GL Details for all budget items
10. KK Detail tab. Enter Ledger Group and Ledger details for all budget lines
11. Distribute all lines
12. Note the delete lines are available before finalizing and sending to KK.
13. Finalize budget (pc_wrapper)
14. Right after you click finalize, click return to Budget Detail and then click on the Budget Item. Within the first 30 seconds to 1 minute after you kick off the PC_WRAPPER process, the system still allows you to delete the budget lines (the negative sign is still available until the PC_WRAPPER process is completed.
15. Navigate to activity 1 budget lines and delete airfare line
16. Return back to Budget Plan "Finalize" tab. The finalize button is greyed out as pc_wrapper has successfully finished.
17. Navigate back to activity 1 budget lines and notice that system does not allow to delete any other lines.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document