EPC: Inconsintencies Between Budget Plan And Budget Detail When Changing Budget Items
(Doc ID 2532345.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 31, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When replacing a budget item with another one in Project Budget Items page, in some cases, the original budget item is still added to the Budget Detail page and it can be distributed. If repeating this and finalizing the budget, it leads to inconsistencies between Budget Detail and Budget Plan, Commitment Control and Project Costing.
1. Enable Commitment Control.
2. Create a project.
3. Add an activity.
4. Create a budget plan.
5. Add two budget items (AIRFAR and LABOR).
6. Save the page and open Project Budget Items page again.
7. Replace the budget item AIRFAR with LABOR and click OK.
8. The new budget item LABOR is added to budget detail but the budget item AIRFAIR is not deleted from the list. It shows 3 budget items: AIRFAIR, LABOR AND LABOR.
9. Distribute the amount for all three rows. The distributed budget is 300.
10. Save and return to Budget Plan. The distributed amount here is 200.
11. Open the Budget Detail page. The distributed budget is 200. The budget item AIRFAR is not shown in the list.
12. Change the project item again from LABOR to AIRFAR and click OK.
13. The budget item has been replaced but it does not have an amount anymore.
14. Save the page and return to the Budget Plan. The amount is now 100.
15. Return to Budget Detail page. All the amounts are zero.
16. Return to the Budget plan and finalize the budget.
17. The amount of 100 was finalized and distributed to PC and KK but the Budget Detail page is showing zero for both rows and the budget items are still editable.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document