EAP: Able to change Budget Date on Voucher Maintenance page if Commitment Control Security turned on and Alternate Account is off
(Doc ID 2536897.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 17, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Alternate Account is not enabled.
Commitment Control Security for Security Event = BUDG_DT (Budget Date Override) is Active. User ID = VP1 is the only one setup that has security to change the Budget Date field.
If User ID = VP1 creates a Voucher, on the Voucher > Invoice Information page, the Budget Date field is enabled and can be changed, which is correct.
If log in as User ID = VP2, VP2 cannot change the Budget Date on a Voucher through the Voucher > Invoice Information page. The Budget Date is a display only and grayed out, which is correct.
However, if VP2 displays a Voucher through Voucher Maintenance, VP2 has the access to change the Budget Date field since the field is enabled. This is incorrect. The Budget Date field through Voucher Maintenance should be display only.
1. On the Installation Options > Products page, Commitment Control is enabled for Payables
2. On the Installation Options > Overall page, "Enable Alternate Account" box is unchecked
3. On the Define Budget Security > Commitment Control Security Events page setup, BUDG_DT is Active
4. Rules Definitions page setup
a. Security Rule = BUD_DATE
b. Attribute = Super User
c. Security Event = BUDG_DT
5. On the Assign Rule to User ID page setup, User ID = VP1 / Security Rule = BUD_DT
6. Run Request Build (KSEC_FLAT)
7. Run Commitment Control Security Report (GLX8572)
8. Commitment Control Security Report shows that VP1 is the only User ID setup for Security Rule = BUD_DATE
9. As User ID = VP1, create a Voucher
10. On the Voucher > Invoice Information page, the Budget Date is enabled and can be changed -- This is correct
11. Log in as VP2
12. On the Voucher > Invoice Information page, VP2 displays the Voucher created by VP1
13. Budget Date field is display only and grayed out -- This is correct
14. VP2 displays the same Voucher through Voucher Maintenance
15. On the Voucher Maintenance > Invoice Lines page, the Budget Date field is enabled and can be changed -- This is incorrect
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document