EMM: Time Entry Overwriting Old Data Rows In Record PS_EX_TIME_DTL
(Doc ID 2538072.1)
Last updated on MAY 03, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Maintenance Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version 32
Time Entry overwriting old data rows in record PS_EX_TIME_DTL
Time Entry it is overwriting old datetime data when new work orders are added to same Time Sheet.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. From the technician workbench check 4 work order tasks. nd click on Time Entry
2. Add a new time card
3. Enter hours for each task and click Save for Later.
4. Time Report ID 0000000159 has been created.
5. PS_EX_TIME_DTL looks correct so far as these were saved on time sheet at the same time.
6. Let’s now add another Work Order to the same Time Sheet to see if the last update data is changed. Return to Technician Workbench
7.Uncheck the 4 work orders that we had previously added time to. Now only check work order 213 and click time entry.
8. Find time sheet 0000000159. Click search
9. The time sheet 0000000159 pulled up and now we are ready to enter time against work order task 213
10. Entered 5 hours against work order 213 Click save for later.
11. Successfully saved for later
12. However all tasks were updated to 09-NOV-18 01.17.59.000000000 PM
13. Issue seen: The first time the time sheet was saved it updated all work order tasks to LASTUPDDTTM to 09-NOV-18 12.39.53.000000000 as expected.
However another work order was added to the same time sheet and saved at a later different time.
However it updated all work order tasks to LASTUPDDTTM which was 09-NOV-18 01.17.59.000000000 PM
Replication Steps Attached
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document