EAM: UNIQUE CONSTRAINT WHEN RUNNING AM_COST_SUM
(Doc ID 2540627.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running AM_COST_SUM for an asset with a backdated transaction date on 2 cost rows with the same Chart fields, a unique constraint error is thrown.
AM_COST_SUM runs to No Success with the bellow error:
Process 2648 ABENDED at Step AM_COST_SUM.611000.Step10 (Action SQL)
-- RC = 1427 ROLLBACK/
-- 14:53:16.985 SQL Error: ORA-01427: single-row sub query returns more than one row
1. Add a new asset.
2. Go to Asset Acquisition details and make transaction date a year ago. (Trans date = 01/01/18, Acc.Date = 02/04/19)
3. Click Capitalize and Save.
4. Click plus sign to add new line of Asset Acquisition details. Trans and accounting dates should remain the same as the first addition (Trans date = 01/01/18, Acc.Date = 02/04/19).
5. Click Capitalize and Save.
6. Run depreciation and create accounting entries .
7. Run Cost Summarization.
8. Choose a from date that is after the transaction date was created. Choose today's date for Thru date. (Accounting date range: From: 01/01/19 Thru 02/04/19)
This is particularly troublesome because COST records with no TRANS_DT are not selected in the COST_BAL_VW, which is used extensively in Reporting and Reconciliation. Further, the corruption to the asset this causes may have additional unpredictable results.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document