EMM: Unable To Remove Submitted Time From Technician Workbench
(Doc ID 2541096.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 31, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Maintenance Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Unable to remove Submitted Time from Technician Workbench
When trying to remove time entered and submitted for a Task on Technician Workbench, an error message is displayed saying user is unable to. Error message states functionality to do so exists and provides instruction to do it, however the instructions provided still do not enable user to remove time.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create 2 WO’s and schedule both to Technician MM000000001: WO’s: 0000000319 & 0000000230
2. Next, create Time-sheet on “Time Entry” via Technician WorkBench, enter time against WO 319 only and save for later. The scenario is: Technician did some work on Monday and entered time against WO319 for Monday and “Saved for Later”.
3. Select the WO/task on the Tech WB:
4. Add a new Time-sheet, enter 1 hour against the task and “Save for Later”
5. For “whatever reason” the decision was made later that the time should not have been recorded against this WO/Task (ie decided the work was too minimal to charge, etc…). The goal is now to remove the hours from the time-sheet.
6. Next, call up the time-sheet again, but first “deselect the task” on the tech WB:
7. Try and change the 1 hour to zero for Monday and “Save for Later”. Get the “No hours error”. Note: Even for time that has not been “submitted for posting” the error message below is misleading in that you can’t “deselect the task” on the Tech WB to remove the row.
8. Next, call up the time-sheet again (with the WO/Task deselected on the Tech WB) and try and delete the row by clicking on the minus sign next to the row.
9. Note Time-sheet before deleting the row
10. Time-sheet after deleting the row and clicking “Save for Later”. The time appears to have been successfully deleted. click “Ok” for this message
11. Delete “Mechanic” from craft field after delete (ie for some reason the craft remains on the row even after the delete), then click “Update Total” button to set the hours to zero for the “Total Work Order Hours” and click “Save for Later”. The save is successful and the row appears to have been deleted.
12. Next call the time-sheet up again: The time is still there!
13. So, even when the time has not been “Submitted for Posting” you can’t delete the row on the Tech WB.
14. Go back to technician workbench and check the task for which the time should be deleted from.
15. Bring up same time sheet. Zero out the hours and click save for later.
16. Same error message appears as before when the task was “not selected”.
17. I will use the option to delete task form the Time Entry sheet.
18. Saved successfully. Also had to delete out the craft as that was still left on the line after deleting line.
19. Return to work order workbench. Now pull the same time sheet up again.
20. Time still is not being deleted even after returning to technician workbench, selecting the task, and performing deleting the hours.
21. So how does the end user change the time on tasks when it is needed?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document